Looking for a second job in Maidstone?
We know times are a little tough at the moment and some of you might be considering taking on an additional employment in or near Maidstone to make things a little easier. Job hunting can appear daunting at the best of times, least of all when you want to find a job which will fit around your current employment or commitments. AllMaidstoneJobs is pleased to offer you some useful advice on finding a second employment in the Maidstone area.
Part Time Jobs in Maidstone
Your first port of call may be to consultant AllMaidstoneJobs Part Time Jobs page to see all the available part time employment currently available in the Maidstone area. To make your search easier, any employment which has part time hours is not just accessible in its relevant sector you can also locate it on the Part Time Jobs page. Here you will see openings that may range from just a few hours a week to 30 hours a week. No matter how much time you have to spare for a second employment in or near the Maidstone area you might find one here to suit you.
The Type of Maidstone Jobs You Might Consider
It can be difficult to know which sector to look at when considering an additional job in the Maidstone area. It could be that you want a job similar to your current employment to best use your skills, in which case keep checking our relevant employment sector page. However, there are other sectors which commonly offer part time and flexible jobs which you might want to consider. These sectors include:
- Administration and book keeping – It is quite usual for smaller companies in particular to need an administrator or book keeper to do just a few hours a week. This can sometimes be fulfilled in hours to suit you so it is well worth looking at our Administrative, Secretarial & PA Jobs page to check if there are any suitable second openings in the Maidstone area.
- Catering – We have a number of Maidstone area employers who regularly advertise with us and these often include local restaurants and cafes. On the Catering, Entertainment & Leisure page you will be able to find details on all the most recent part time catering opportunities such as waiters/waitress and kitchen staff. This is an industry which frequently offers flexible hours so are a great source for those searching for a second job in or near the Maidstone area.
- Customer Service – Part time customer services roles such as reception opportunities often appear on our Customer Service & Telesales page. Organisations such as hotels frequently advertise for receptionists to cover unusual hours in the Maidstone area which you could find fit around your current job.
- Care – If you have the necessary qualifications or experience our Nursing & Care page could prove useful when looking for a second job in the Maidstone area.
- Retail – Our Retail Jobs page can be helpful if you are searching for a weekend job in particular. It is not unusual for retail outlets to have one set of employees who work during the week and another set who work the weekends. We have a number of Maidstone shops and Maidstone recruitment agencies who frequently advertise these kind of Maidstone area openings.
- Driving – If you have a driving licence don’t forget about our Transport, Driving & Logistics page. You could find a part time driving Maidstone job to suit you.
We work with experts in and around our local area to provide useful information relating to careers advice - we hope you will find these articles to be helpful. You can view our news news archive here
Once your redundancy is dealt with and any retraining has been undertaken you will probably need to find a new job. This can seem daunting, particularly if you have not had to look for a new
When we hear the word 'redundancy' it is natural to think of the impact that it will have on the person being made redundant with out regard for the difficulties inflicted upon the employer
Do you know the tax implications of receiving a redundancy package and how to avoid paying unnecessary tax? If you are going to find yourself struggling financially do you know how to lessen
Do you know what redundancy package you are likely to receive? Do you know what the government stipulated minimum package is? As well as detailing the legal and financial aspects we will
Do you feel like you’ve lost your identity and can’t stop feeling negative? It is not only the practicalities of redundancy that need to be addressed. Redundancy can also have a massive
We've been asking local employers for tips on what to do in an interview – and, of course, what not to do! Here are our top 10 not to do in that all-important job interview.
Have you thought about a new career or improving upon the skills you currently have? In this article we will offers tips and advice on increasing your 'employability' through courses and
It's too easy to start looking in the job section of the paper and applying for everything that has an attractive salary, car or any other perks, before falling into this trap, be really
Maidstone Employment & Business News
When attending interviews it's always good to be up to date with what's happening in the local business and employment sector - we hope you'll find these selected news articles interesting
Her Magjsty’s Revenue and Customs has commenced consultations with a view to close all 281 tax enquiry centres, including ten in Sussex and as a result over 50 jobs may be lost in tax enquiry centres throughout our area.
It can appear tricky to get a job that fits in with your life commitments. We are aware that 9 to 5 from Monday to Friday will not suit everyone. In fact, statistics show that the number of people working in excess of 45 hours
Nursing and care is one of the major industries in Maidstone with a number of hospitals and many care homes and care services in this area. All of these establishments require staffing but how can you go about searching for the
As well as preparing for what you should do when attending a job interview, whether it's a part time job in Maidstone or that exciting next step on the career ladder, it is just as
1. Describe your strengths
It is pretty much a sure fire thing that on most Maidstone job interviews you will be asked what you think your areas of strength are (and sometimes what you think your