Maresfield, Uckfield, East Sussex
Salary Negotiable + Study Support (if desired)
Harvey John are working with an industry-leading, reputable client based in the Uckfield area on a new opportunity for a dedicated Assistant Accountant to join their business. This is an established organisation with a small finance team, where you'll report into an experienced Financial Controller alongside an Accounts Assistant colleague. The Financial Controller has a focus on staff development and engagement and will put significant time and effort into ensuring this individual's career progression and job fulfilment.
This organisation is building upon several years of healthy growth and expanding its operations. They offer an attractive office environment with good amenities alongside a highly supportive and friendly team ethos. Staff here work hard and knuckle down, but also have a sense of humour and make work enjoyable. Parking is available on site.
This is a great prospect for someone looking to join an evolving business in a pivotal role for the finance function!
- To upload the weekly orders and sales figures to head office.
- To complete the weekly/monthly performance KPI's reporting back to Management any anomalies.
- To complete and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all codes contain only current and relevant balances.
- To complete quarterly VAT reporting, ensuring compliance with all local HMRC legislation.
- To assist with the production of monthly management accounts, including the processing of G/L journals, prepayments, accruals and fixed asset reporting.
- To support the reconciliation and reporting of Inventory for the business.
- To assist with the annual audit and tax reporting – liaising with external consultants and providing appropriate supporting backup.
- To ensure all employee expenses are properly analysed and paid to staff including the processing of credit card transactions.
- To process any petty cash claims as required.
- To play an active role in sales/purchase ledger where appropriate including entering invoices, allocating payments and raising recharges.
- To assist with the annual budgeting, as well as periodic re-forecasting.
- Any other task as deemed appropriate by the FC.
- Recognised professional qualification (or equivalent by experience considered)
- Strong Microsoft Excel
- Good attention to detail, analytical and numerate
- A flexible approach to working with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well a part of a wider team, with a willingness to help in all areas as required
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.